Do you like coconut??? I really hope so, because that's what these muffins are all about! Coconut and lemon....one of my favorite non-chocolate combinations!
While not exactly the "healthiest" muffin around, these taste really great.....and anyway, I believe that part of a healthy diet is enjoying other stuff in moderation as well. So, if you like lemon and coconut, please bake these muffins. And make the glaze......it really completes the muffins. And I promise to have a workout or recipe that actually goes along with the "healthy" part of Musings of a Healthy Chocoholic....hahaha
Coconut Lemon Muffins (based on these)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil and juice.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients, stir until just combined.
- Spoon dough into greased muffin tins until halfway full. Sprinkle coconut on each muffin, add more batter until about 1/4 inch from the top of the tin, and sprinkle more coconut on top.
- Bake at 400 for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the glaze: Mix 2 parts sweetened condensed milk with one part coconut milk and drizzle on top of warm muffins.
The original recipe called for regular milk, but I found that the coconut milk gave the muffins an awesome texture and flavor!!!! If anyone makes these and likes them, please let me know!!!!!
See ya'll later! :D