Now, I just want to share a quick recipe for a delicious mango mousse!! You can sub any other fruit you want, but our favorite is mango! It's really more of an ice creamy/ custard-y texture, and its no bake!
Quick Mango Mousse
- Juice from two mangoes (we have a strainer attachment for our blender which we use to juice them)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can of heavy cream (use the can of condensed milk to measure the cream as well)
- Pour juice, condensed milk, and cream into a blender.
- Blend on high speed for three minutes and pour everything into a large, freezer-safe bowl.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 1 1/2 hours. Take the bowl out and stir up the mousse so that it will freeze more evenly.
- Out the bowl back in the freezer for another 1 1/2 hours or until completely frozen.
Seriously, if you like mango, you'll like this dessert!!!! :D Heck, I don't even really love mango, but I love this! hahaha
So, before I go, I have another Larabar review for ya'll, courtesy of my sister!!! She tried out the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor that I was sent (I had some as well! :P).
She said that she thought the chocolate was well distributed in this bar, and really tasted good when heated. However, she also thought that it didn't have much of a "cookie dough" flavor and was really more like a regular chocolate chip bar. So, while she enjoyed the bar itself, she said that it didn't quite have the flavor that she had pictured that it would have.
Well, that's about it for today! What's your favorite Larabar flavor? What have you been up to this week?