|Brazilian specialty: Picanha|
Now, I want to say: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D
Anyone have any plans for today??? I don't think that we do.....Halloween isn't really a huuuge deal here.
Anyway, I have a perfect fall/halloween recipe to share with ya'll!!! Caramel apple muffins!
Caramel Apple Muffins
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 T butter
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T buttermilk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Place the diced apples, the 1 T butter and the 1 T sugar in a skillet and saute until golden and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add in each egg one at a time, stirring after each one until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the buttermilk and the vanilla extract, mix until all the wet ingredients are combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Once everything is mixed in, stir in the caramelized apples, mixing only until they are well distributed.
- Spoon batter into 10-12 greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with butter or with a powdered sugar glaze.
These were seriously so, so awesome!!! I haven't gotten any pics yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to share them with ya'll!!!! Do you have any go-to Halloween or fall recipes? If so, share!! :D
Well, that's about it for today!!! See ya'll again soon! :D