Another thing I've made recently? Cappuccino muffins. They're pretty awesome, what with the whole cappuccino flavor going on plus melty chocolate chips, and a drizzle of glaze. We used a basic plain glaze, but I bet that making a cappuccino glaze would be awesome as well! Anyway, here's the recipe for ya:
(makes 6....I actually halved my typical muffin recipe just in case these didn't turn out)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 plus 2 T sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 T instant cappuccino mix (or you can just use instant coffee+some cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 egg (crack an egg, beat it, and pour about half of the liquid into the batter)\
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 + 2 T chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another, small bowl, combine the milk and the cappuccino mix until it has dissolved. Add the oil, egg and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the muffin batter
- Spoon into 6 greased muffin tins. This will fill them almost completely up, but the muffins rise really well. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes or until the muffins test done.
Anyway, these were really yummy and a great way to start off the week!
Well, that's about it for today.....I do have some school stuff to do!
Do you like coffee/cappuccino flavored baked goods?