Well, after we got home from being in the community, we pretty much didn't leave the house for the rest of the weekend! It was pretty nice, really. We ordered in chinese and didn't cook much of anything for the weekend. Also, we watched some fun tv shows and movies!!!! What did you do this weekend?
I do have a recipe for ya'll today...made just this morning! More muffins!!! hahahaha
Jelly Doughnut Muffins (makes 10)
(not my picture)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- Jelly (I used my mom's homemade strawberry jam)
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil, stirring until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry, stir just until everything is incorporated.
- Fill 10 greased muffin tins halfway. Drop about a teaspoon of jelly in each tin. Spoon in enough of the remaining batter to fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick. If you want top with a glaze. Serve with butter.
These were really, really good. We just ate ours (literally about 15-20 minutes ago) and my dad actually said that he really liked them. That's saying a lot for someone who isn't huuuuuge on muffins. Also, I believe that the base recipe would be great for other muffins, because it is really light and fluffy! Do you have a go-to basic muffin that you add to to make different flavors, or do you use different muffin recipes for different muffins? I usually do different recipes depending on the muffin, but I really think that I'll start using this base more often!
Well, I had better go....
On today's agenda is school, gym, more school.
What have you got going this week?