First of all, I just wanted to thank ya'll for the awesome comments on my college post from a couple of days ago. I really need to start actively looking at schools pretty soon and am a little nervous about doing so from another continent!
Well, now I have that muffin recipe that I promised for you! I've made a similar flavored muffin here but the ingredients in these are slightly different and I actually think that I like them better. Also, the glaze, while not very healthy, absolutely makes these muffins! So good!
Lemon Coconut Muffins (again!)
makes 6 (can be doubled easily)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter
- 7 tablespoons sugar ( more or less....if you want them more tangy, use 5-6, or if you want them sweeter, use 8)
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- zest of 1 lemon
- For muffins, combine flour, coconut, oatmeal and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add egg and zest. Combine butter mixture and flour mixture, pour in milk. Stir just until everything is mixed together.
- Fill 6 greased muffin tins. Sprinkle some coarse sugar or even some more coconut on top of each muffin. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Note: This batter is pretty thick and not sticky at all, so it should be easily spooned into the muffin tins.
- While muffins are baking, combine all of the glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium until sugar has dissolved and glaze has boiled for a couple of minutes. Drizzle over finished muffins.
These were seriously yummy muffins! I loved how the texture of the oatmeal and the texture of the coconut went really well together, so it wasn't too obvious that the oats were actually in the batter. So good and tasted like summertime!
So besides baking muffins, my week has just been pretty filled with school-related stuff. I've got a couple of tests this week plus an essay, I think, so I've been pretty busy. I also have about a million (I never exaggerate...at all) random projects that I've started over the past couple of months and have yet to finish (I'm also not at all ADD). So, I'm planning on actually completing some of them....eventually. Are you bad about starting stuff and not finishing it, or do you typically complete all of your projects?
Well, that's about it for today....gotta go study! haha
What have you got going this weekend?