Anyway, before I do,my here's what went on this weekend. Saturday, my parents went on a mini (read: one day) vacation. It was my mom's surprise for my dad because their anniversary is in a few days. So, a friend of ours came and hung out with us for most of Saturday and yesterday. We had a lot of fun! My sister and I made churros with this recipe and they were awesome!!! We also made a chocolate dipping sauce to go with the churros! :D So fun!
So, this morning, I was up pretty early and decided to try something that I've never really been great at baking...biscuits. For some reason, mine always are either too flat or they don't bake in the middle. Anyway, after some online searching, I found a recipe that looked awesome....plus a lot easier than most biscuit recipes that I had seen before. There actually isn't any butter in the biscuits...just some brushed on top before baking! Sooo here it is:
Easy, Yummy Biscuits
- 2 cups flour (plus some for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Gently fold in 1 1/4 cups of the heavy cream and add the remaining cream in by tablespoons just until the dough comes together (I used about 3 tablespoons of the remaining 1/4 cup). Gently fold all the ingredients together, making sure not to overwork the dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat out the dough until it is about 3/4 inch thick. Cut out rounds of dough and set on a buttered or lined baking sheet. Gather the dough scraps and make more rounds until all of the dough has been used up (I got about 9, but I cut my biscuits a little large...the recipe originally said 10-12). Brush the tops of the biscuits with the melted butter.
- Bake at 425 for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden. Serve with butter, honey, jelly, etc! :D
These were really great, and easy as well!
Is there a recipe that you had trouble with when you first started baking?
For me, biscuits are tough for some reason....I'm pretty sure that I always overwork the dough because I'm nervous about the ingredients not being incorporated enough...haha. :D Even these weren't perfect....I guess I just have to bake some more biscuits then!
Well, I had better get going.....got school to do!
How was your weekend?