Besides school, not a whole lot has really been happening....another reason I didn't blog. I just really haven't had a whole lot of stuff to talk about....hahaha I'm so boring! :D I actually hadn't really baked anything until this morning! My sister and I did try out a new recipe yesterday (red velvet fudge! :D) and it turned out wonderfully!! I got the recipe for that off of another site but we modified it slightly so if ya'll want, I'll post the recipe!!!! I'm going to share this morning's recipe with ya'll today....muffins! :D
Banana Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, banana and lemon zest, stir to combine. Pour the butter/sugar/banana mixture into the flour mixture, stir gently. Pour the milk and vanilla into the mixture as well, stir until everything is combined.
- Divide batter between 12 greased muffin tins, bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done with a toothpick.
These muffins turned out pretty banana bread-like and the lemon isn't extremely strong, so if you want a more lemony muffin, feel free to add in some more zest!!! As is, the recipe is like a banana bread muffin with a slight lemony flavor to it!!!!
Sooo I have some fun news....I am now on Instagram..finally! :D You can find me here. We actually just got wifi, so now I'm going to attempt to do a better job at taking pics....if not always for the blog, at least on instagram! :D
Well, I gotta get studying...
What do you have going this week?