Not a whole lot has gone on since I last posted.....I did take the online SAT prep test and did ok, so I'm feeling a bit better about tomorrow. Other than that, I've been trying to enjoy my break from school....I can't believe that next year is my last year of high school!!! It will actually be a pretty great year, I think, especially because I'm only taking 4 classes instead of the usual 6, because a couple of years ago I took an extra class and only need four more credits. Also, I haven't decided on all the classes that I will take, but I think that the ones I have decided on will be really interesting!
So, a few days ago I saw a recipe for a healthy apple "crisp" snack and wanted to try to recreate it. I couldn't find the recipe again, so I ended up making up my own, and it was really good!
(you can't really see the oats in the pic....I had already sort of mixed everything in!)
Quick Apple "Crisp" (makes one large or two medium sized servings..I made two)
Also, this isn't quite a true crisp...more of a snack-y take on one!
- 1 medium apple, chopped (peel the apple if you prefer)
- 2-4 teaspoons sugar (granulated or brown, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-3 tablespoons oatmeal (depending on how "crisp-like" you want it to be)
- Preheat your oven to 350. Lightly butter two ramekins, set aside.
- In a bowl, toss your chopped apple with the sugar and cinnamon, then divide the mixture equally between the ramekins.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal on top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the apples are soft and the oatmeal has crisped up a little bit.
This was really a good snack, especially since it was raining that day and I had one ramekin pre- and the other post-spin!!!
Also, tonight we're having a meeting here at home with some of our ministry team and I'm making Chicago-style pizza!! Whoo!! We all really like it and it has been a while since I made it, so I'm looking forward to that! Also, none of the ministry team has actually tried the pizza yet, so it will be fun!
Finally, since I am on holiday, I've been looking for some good tv to watch.
What are some shows that you like????
Well, that's it for today....
What do you have going on this weekend?