Heeey everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! I sure did! We relaxed, had family time, and went to church. My cat even had some relaxation time with dad:
[caption id="attachment_456" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="TWO remotes! :D"]

[/caption]
Before I forget to mention it, I got an
awesome workout in on Friday! A few weeks ago, I cam across
this circuit, and let me say, it doesn't look that hard, but by the fourth time you are doing pushups, it IS!!!! :D
Today's a busy day for my mom, so I thought I'd tackle breakfast. I made my first-ever scones!!!! They were actually pretty easy to throw together, and everyone seemed to like them! I confess that I haven't actually eaten one yet, but will for a post-workout treat! :D Anyway, here's the recipe that I used:
Banana Scones (adapted from Food.com)
Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 T brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 T butter
- 8 T milk (I ended up adding a little more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup diced banana
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut butter into a few chunks and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips. Mix milk and vanilla in a small glass. Add the banana chunks and continue to stir, adding more milk if necessary, until dough comes together. Pat dough into a disk about 1 inch thick. Cut into eight sections with a knife and place each on baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 17-20 minutes, until light gold. I also made some homemade coffee creamer! My mom loves it, and since this is both her birthday and her wedding anniversary month, I thought I'd make her a special treat! It was actually super easy! All I did was combine 1/2 C milk, 1/4 to 1/3 C sweetened condensed milk (I didn't measure exactly :P) and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract! Then, I shook everything up and voila we have vanilla coffee creamer! That's about it for me today.... What does your week look like?
So glad you got to relax! What a cute kitty pic too :)
ReplyDeleteThe recipe sounds awesome. I love anything with bananas!
Can't wait to hear what you thought of the scones! I love banana baked goods:)
ReplyDeleteYour scones sound delicious.I love how you made your mom the vanilla creamer-very creative!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the scones! You could drizzle some chocolate on them.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely. :D
ReplyDeleteI loved them!!!!! Banana makes (almost) everything better, in my opinion! :D
ReplyDeleteI loved them!!!!! Banana makes (almost) everything better, in my opinion! :D
ReplyDeleteThey were yummy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe loved the creamer, and I love trying to make different things! hahahaha
They were yummy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe loved the creamer, and I love trying to make different things! hahahaha
Thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was tasty! We love bananas, too.
That picture of your cat is hilarious. And scones- yum! Love the density. I've never had banana in scones and now I totally want to try it. Week is looking good- lots of group fitness stuff going on. Otherwise- usual work
ReplyDeletehmm, I have also not yet made scones...
ReplyDeleteyay!! you made scones!! and that cat is too cute.
ReplyDeleteyes, i did! they were yummy!!!!!
ReplyDeletethe cat thinks he's the most adorable thing ever....hahahahaha
I would totally suggest making them! :D
ReplyDeleteWe loved the scones!!! :D
ReplyDeleteHope you have an awesome week!
I'm obsessed with scones. Almost as obsessed as I am with muffins right now. I go through phases.
ReplyDeleteYour cat is so cute! So innocent looking, but I bet he/she is changing the channel on you or something. haha!
The scones were sooo yummy! I might be obsessed now, too! hahahaha
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly right about my cat....he may look innocent, but he's definitely up to something! :D
Your kitty is SO cute!!! Haha, I know who's in control! ;)
ReplyDeletehahahaha
ReplyDeleteHe likes to think he is! :D