First of all, I have some very happy news!!! Our friend here, Patricia, who was pregnant, gave birth on Tuesday! It is a little boy named Bruno! I'll post a picture of him when I have one. :D
On Friday, I tried out a new-to-me workout that was on Pinterest! It was an at-home bootcamp that really had some pretty simple exercises. However, it was set up in such a way that it was really tough and a great, quick workout! For me, the hardest part was definitely the 90 seconds of pushups...I felt like death afterwards! In a good way though...haha. Anyway, here it is:
If anyone tries this out, or has any links to another good at home bootcamp, please share! :D
So, in baking, I have learned an important lesson. Heavy cream makes everything better. Cream scones, cream sauce and now, cream muffins. I realize that it isn't the healthiest ingredient around, but I figure that since we, as a family, usually eat pretty healthily, indulging every once in a while is perfectly all right. Plus, there's mango in these, so that counts for something, right? :D
Mango Cream Muffins
Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk, for "lighter" muffins)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
Directions:
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another, medium sized bowl, combine the sugar, melted butter, cream, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the liquid ingredients and the diced mango to the dry ingredients, stir only until just combined.
- Fill 12 greased muffin tins with the batter. If you want, sprinkle some sugar on the top of each muffin for some "crunch" and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Before I go, I have a couple of questions for ya'll!
What's your go-to at home workout?
I really liked the bootcamp that I just did, Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and Turbo Fire HIIT workouts.
What are your Christmas plans?
Not that I know of....we're having a ministry get-together next Wednesday, but I don't think we have much planned for Christmas day.
Well, of to take some (more) tests!!
See ya'll later!

Oh wow does that workout look intense!! I am pretty sure my legs would just collapse from under me after a few of the lunge rounds haha
ReplyDeleteAlthough I do want to give it a try... I love a challenge! Great recipe too lady!
Good luck finishing school up! The muffins look yummy. Mango is amazing! Christmas plans-lots of family time
ReplyDeleteThose muffins sound awesome!! I love me some muffins.. I'd love to experiment more with mango in baking!
ReplyDelete