Friday, November 26, 2010

My Journey to Healthfulness

Hey everyone! Today's post is a little more serious than usual.

I've mentioned my eating disorder a couple of times, but never really talked about it.  I'm still fighting it right now, and there are definitely times when I just sit down and cry over anything. I'm a perfectionist by nature, and I also have always had a low self esteem. I originally wanted to lose like 10 lbs when I started exercising and changed my diet. But, losing weight was something that I felt I had control over, and something that I felt that I could do. Whenever I was having a bad day, I would think to myself: "I may not be able to control whatever is making me upset, but I can control what I eat." It got to the point where I was eating around 800 calories a day, but was in denial about the whole thing. I looked gaunt, and weighed about 96 lbs. I had no energy to be a good daughter, sister, or friend. I know that by myself, I wouldn't have made the decision to fight my disordered eating. It was God, working through my family and friends, especially my mother, who showed me that what I was doing was wrong. As of right now, I cannot say that I am completely healed. I am definitely better, but I still have a  long way to go. This holiday season, I want to give thanks for  the family and friends who have always been there for me.

Here's an awesome video of one of my favorite bands:







Well, sorry for the super serious post, but this is something that I felt I should talk about.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very brave of you to discuss this, and I hope your recovery goes well - it can be a long road with frustrating steps backwards. I hope you have a good support team of professionals (therapist, nutritionist, etc.) to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting! it is definitely an everyday battle, but fortunately my family, friends, and therapist are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete