Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Out of the House

Ya'll are awesome! Thanks for the great comments on yesterday's FAQ post! I really enjoyed writing it, and am glad ya'll enjoyed it too! =D

I'm suuuuper excited for this afternoon. An old friend of mine, who now lives in Rio, is in town and we're getting together for a couple of hours after lunch. I'm a little nervous too, though, because I haven't seen her in forever......but I'm sure it'll be fun!!

I've been trying to cram all of my school into this morning so that I'll be able to truly enjoy my afternoon, so this post won't be extremely long.

I am going to try out a new cardio workout this morning, here's the link:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/cardio/kickbox-5774

It looked like a pretty fun, basic kickboxing workout, and I plan to follow it up with my old standby= the good ol' 10 minute jump rope workout. =P I actually haven't done it at all the past couple of cardio workout days, because I've been trying new, different workouts.

Another thing I'm excited about: dinner! =D Mom got some tilapia filets yesterday, and we plan to cook 'em up tonight. I loooove seafood!!!!! My mom doesn't, so for her to buy some is a super-special treat!! Any good, easy tilapia recipes to share? I don't really have any idea how we'll prepare the fish, so I was wondering what you're favorite ways of eating it are.

Well, I've got to run.....I'll definitely have a less-rushed post up tomorrow! =D

18 comments:

  1. i'm obsessssed with seafood too. unfortunately, i've never cooked tilapia! hopefully you guys come up with something good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up just adding blackened seasoning! simple, but oh so tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tilapia! It's so light and yummy!

    I don't actually have any good suggestions for it, but I look forward to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fish but I'm not good at cooking it! I usually reserve it for eating out because it's usually cooked perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had tilapia in a long time, but It's really good either coconut crusted or with mango salsa. Or both!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 minutes jumping rope? you crazy.

    I just marinate my tilapia in butter and olive oil with lemon over night then season when baking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We only ever have it as a special treat because my mom doesn't really like it all that much. She cooks it really well, though! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha its mostly in intervals.
    Yum! That tilapia sounds tasty....I definitely think I'll be doing that next time! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. owww- I have been planning on trying this tilapia recipe:
    http://www.fitpregnancy.com/recipes/40149067.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. mm I love fish in general! Have a happy firday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a happy Friday as well! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really miss Exercise TV! We used to get it on Time Warner, but we don't have that anymore. :(

    Fish is SO good! Enjoy your weekend!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been using the exercisetv website.....its pretty good!
    Hope you have a great weekend, too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds good to me! simple is always better in my eyes =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE tilapia!!! It is great pan fried with olive oil, S&P, and lemon!! Boring I know...but super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds really tasty! I love lemon with fish!

    ReplyDelete