Thursday, July 14, 2011

Guest Post------XCFoodie!!

Heey everyone!!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!! As I'm currently in an airplane, the awesome Tara wrote a guest post for me!!! Check it ooout:

Hi I’m Tara and I blog at XCFoodie! I am going into my senior year of high school where I run cross country and track. I also lift occasionally and lately I’ve been experimenting with biking and swimming because of an injury. I used to suffer with very disordered eating habits and anxiety, but I learned that to perform my best I had to fuel myself with the best. Now I’m happier and healthier than ever!

Recently I realized something pretty important. I had been restricting my breakfasts. I would eat a smaller breakfast so I could “save my calories” and then I would end up snacking just as much as I would usually eat at a meal. This left me feeling unsatisfied and disappointed. I was disappointed with the way I was acting – I don’t want to go back to that kind of restrictive behavior; and I was disappointed with my meals – I knew I would feel so much better and have a way more delicious meal if I ate more.
We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Look at why skipping breakfast is bad:
  • ·         Increase your bodies insulin response due to fasting
  • ·         Slows your metabolism
  • ·         Triggers overeating later in the day
  • ·         Irritability and Fatigue

And why it is the most important meal of the day:
  • ·         Gives you energy for the entire day
  • ·         Replenishes your glycogen stores
  • ·         Enhances concentration
  • ·         Provides essential vitamins and nutrients
  • ·         Breakfast eaters have lower cholesterol levels
  • ·         It’s delicious!

Eating breakfast is a crucial step towards a healthy, happy life.
Here are some of my favorite breakfasts to eat to start my day off right:


Overnight Oats! This is my chocolate walnut brownie overnight oats. It’s delicious!


Poached Eggs, Toast, and Fruit


Sometimes I use leftover brown rice for breakfast!


Pancakes made with my go-to recipe!
But my favorite breakfast when in doubt is this:

Cereal Mess: my favorite is fage greek yogurt and kashi go lean cereal!



And a banana with nut butter.
Now that I eat hearty breakfasts, I am energized and pumped for the day ahead of me. I’m so glad I caught myself before my behavior made detrimental changes to my health and happiness. It’s crazy how one meal can affect so much, but the power and deliciousness of good breakfast can’t be denied!!
What’s your favorite breakfast?
 Personally my favorite breakfasts are waffles with peanut butter, eggs and toast, smoothies, or cinnamon rolls! :D

8 comments:

  1. YAAAAY! I also want to add that I just posted a recipe for some awesome carmelized banana pancakes on my blog. Definitely worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE TARA!! and breakfast is THE BEST! my fav breaki at the moment... two bananas with nut butter- its SO fast, easy and tasty right before class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes look so yummy! I really need to work on eating a better breakfast everyday. I'll have to try some of your ideas!
    Great guest post Tara and I can't wait to hear about your trip Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely ment to put Gen, no idea why I put Gina. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Tara! Love the guest post and I am currently drooling over the chocolate walnut brownie oats :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. I LOVE THIS!!! Breakfast is the BEST! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for this post!! I love breakfast and I lOve you and your blog Tara :) you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete