So this morning I woke up early and felt like baking! I saw a recipe for chocolate banana muffins the other day, and decided to try those out!
Brownie-BottoM Banana Streusel Muffins
Ingredients:
Streusel:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Instructions:
Streusel:
Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Muffins:
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Mash or puree the bananas and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and the oil. Add in the egg, beat until incorporated, stir in vanilla.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stir until incorporated. Stir in about half of the banana. Add another third of the flour mixture, stirring until fully combined. Pour in the rest of the bananas, and finally, stir in the last third of the flour mixture.
- Separate the batter into two bowls, with about 1/4 cup more in one than in the other, add the cinnamon to the bowl with more batter in it.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa with the boiling water and stir until it resembles melted chocolate chips. Add this to the bowl with less batter and stir until incorporated.
- Grease 12-14 muffin cups, pour a tablespoon of the chocolate batter into the bottom of each one. Pour a tablespoon of the cinnamon batter on top of the chocolate. Sprinkle the streusel on each muffin. Bake at 350 for about 16 minutes or until completely done.
These were soooo yummy!!! They didn't even really need a glaze! I made 12 HUGE muffins from this, because we only have two 6-cup muffin tins anyway, so you could probably get 14 normal sized muffins out of this. My sister even said that they were here favorite chocolate-y muffins that I have ever made! They are a little bit more time consuming than your typical muffin recipe, but they're definitely worth it! :D
Before I go, I have a few questions for ya'll.
What would you like to see more of on the blog?
Do ya'll like my recipes and workouts, or do you want to see what I do with the rest of my time? Should I do some more Vlogs? If ya'll have any questions for me about anything, leave them in the comments and I'll do a Q&A vlog or something! :D
What is your favorite thing to bake?
Breakfast-y stuff for me! :D
See ya'll later!!
Lots of holiday celebrating over there! How fun!! The muffins look seriously delicious. I haven't made a batch of muffins in a while:
ReplyDeleteWhat would you like to see more of on the blog?
Do ya'll like my recipes and workouts, or do you want to see what I do with the rest of my time? Should I do some more Vlogs? VLOGS! They're so fun. I want to know how you made the transition to living outside the US.
What is your favorite thing to bake?
Bars!
Chocolate and bananas---a perfect combo :)
ReplyDeleteI like the variety of what you post about---a little bit of everything is informative and also lets your personality show through!
You really cannot go wrong with chocolate and bananas... they just work so so well together :) I enjoy seeing your workouts and recipes! I am always looking for new ideas for both of those
ReplyDelete