Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back on Track

As you all could probably tell, the last couple of days have been pretty tough.

This morning, my mom and I really hashed things out, and we're coming up with a new-and-improved weight gain plan for me! I will reach my goal! Of course, there will still be days that are harder than others, but God has blessed me so much by giving me a wonderful, supportive family! =D

[caption id="attachment_348" align="alignnone" width="455" caption="I think I need to wash my hair....."][/caption]

In other news, the reason I'm so stanky looking in the above pic is because I got in a super-duper awesome workout today! whooo!!! =D Three random cardio videos that I found online mashed together gave me a great 30 minute workout! =D

Two of the vids are already in my cardio section, the 10-min jump rope and 10-min jump start. This third one is also from  SparkPeople, and its a 10 minute bootcamp video. Here's the link for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eOdcFVrFSw&feature=channel

Anywho, I usually do a circuit workout and finish up with a 10 min video, but today I wanted a little something different! =D I looove circuit workouts because they combine strength training and cardio so well, but my muscles just weren't feelin' today!

Guess what else? I baked my first rolls yesterday! I got the recipe off of Allrecipes.com, but I can't find it today, so I'll just post what I used here:

Buttery Rolls

1 C hot water

2 T Butter

3 T Sugar

1 pack instant yeast

2 1/4 C flour

1 egg, beaten

1 tsp salt

Stir butter and sugar into hot water until the sugar has completely dissolved. Let water/butter mixture cool until lukewarm. Dissolve yeast into water/butter mixture. Stir in salt, egg and flour. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Spoon into 8 greased muffin tins. Let rise again until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake in a 425 F oven 10-15 minutes or until done.

These were sooo good!!!! They're great for those who haven't made a lot of bread because they're pretty easy and the ingredients are simple. I have another roll recipe where if you beat the dough too much, you ruin the rolls. This dough is very sticky, but trust me, it works! =D

I still remember all of those other bread recipes on my list! I'll be getting to those very, very soon!!!! =D

What do you do to switch up your workout routine?

What food cravings do you get most often?

Personally, I crave a lot of chocolate, but not much else that's sweet. Other than that, its pretty much carbs all the way! =D And salt. I looove salt!

Hope you have a great day! =D

 

 

10 comments:

  1. I think you need to combine your cravings for chocolate AND salt in one recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too cute!

    biggest cravings are for chocolate chip cookies....mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin are my faaaaaavorite cookies ever!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rolls sound yummy! I just love home baked bread or rolls! Glad you have a good plan in place- keep chugging along!! My cravings are all over the board right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade bread is always better than store-bought!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that smile! So beautiful. Congrats on the gain plan and on a great roll recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your wieght gain journey! I know it is a tough road but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete