Mine has been pretty rainy......its winter here, which basically means tons of rain and a low of 85 degrees, at which point all the Brazilians bust out their sweaters and complain about how "freezing" it is. :D
So, tonight I'm going to start packing for my trip next Thursday. I'm going to see what I already have, and what I'll need to get once I'm in Memphis. One thing that I know I'll need is a "business outfit", ie: blazer, blouse, skirt and heels (ugh!). As a girl who practically lives in comfy gym clothes, and whose idea of dressing up consists of throwing on jeans and a cute shirt (sometimes I even go the extra mile and wear a skirt hahaha), I really have no idea how to dress in a business style. Thankfully, I have an aunt and cousin who love to shop and know just what to look for! :D They'll probably end up teaching me how to do my hair and makeup correctly as well...:P. Anyway, since I am leaving Thursday, and didn't want to spend the whole weekend thinking about packing, mom and I decided to at least get started tonight. I've traveled enough that I know how to pack, I just don't like to.
Are you like me, and don't like packing at all, or like my mom, and love packing for a trip?
If you like to pack, could you pleeaaase give me some tips? hahaha
My sister and I have been trying to hang out as much as humanly possible for the last couple of days. So when she asked if we could make kale chips, I practically jumped up and down for joy. I mean, I looove cooking, and I looove to spend time with my sister, so it was the best of both worlds!
I'm pretty sure that most of you know how to make kale chips, but just in case, I'm going to tell ya what we did.
First of all, we washed the kale leaves and ripped them into chip-size pieces. Then, we tossed the leaves in some oil, put them on a baking sheet and seasoned with salt. Sometimes we use some other seasonings as well, such as ranch dressing powder or barbeque dry rub. Then we put the baking sheet into the oven (at about 250 F) for 5-8 minutes or until the leaves were crispy but not browned. That's it! :D They were a yummy side for our dinner!
There ya have it!
Well, that's about it for me today.....What are your weekend plans?
I don't mind packing so much as unpacking.. because then the trip is over and I'm sad! But packing isn't too fun either.
ReplyDeleteweekend plans = the same was weekdays! RELAXING!
Good luck with the packing! I don't mind packing...I hate UNpacking- that is the pits. You will have to show us what you end up with in terms of a business outfit :) Have a great weekend!!
ReplyDeletehave a safe trip! packing is not my favorite. I hear ya.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love packing creatively! Kale chips are a halthy snack and I would love to try them. This is an interesting post!
ReplyDeleteI do not like packing whatsoever, I dislike it almost as much as I hate unpacking. It's great that you are going ahead and getting started though!
ReplyDelete