Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pre-Trip Thoughts

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all having a great week so far!!!! I've been trying to cram in every possible moment of family time that I can!! I'm super excited about my trip and about the conference, but I've also never traveled without my family, so I'm really going to miss them a lot!!!!


I'm pretty much done packing, which is probably a good thing. Have to remember not to take too much because I'll be coming back with all of next year's school books and things. To make sure that I have room, we've put what will be my carry on for my return inside of my check-on luggage. So we have to pack around it. That will really help me not only to keep from overpacking, but I also won't have to worry about carrying anything besides my backpack. The trip to the States has more layovers than the trip home, so it'll be helpful not to have to keep up with too much. 

Actually two of the things that I was initially the most nervous about was not working out regularly when I'm there and how I'll deal with the transition itself. I've had some really awesome workouts this week (tried a new class monday.....we jumped on those mini trampolines! :D and spinning today!), so I think that I'm prepared to take a couple of weeks off. Heck it'll probably help me gain weight (if my appetite doesn't change much, I know it will :D). I'll definitely miss being active on a daily basis, so my plan is to find something every day that will be an activity where I'm not just sitting on a couch watching TV.....even if that activity is shopping for 9 hours straight (hey, its happened before :P). Have you ever had exercise guilt? How did you deal with it?

As for the stress, I'm praying about it and for God to guide me through it. I tend to stress out a lot (bet ya didn't know that, huh?) even about things that may or may not happen. "So this weekend we might have to go visit so-and-so? Oh no.....wonder what is going to happen.....will I have to wear something nice, or can I just wear jeans......how long are we going to visit so-and-so....and the list just goes on and on. I could probably teach a class in how to stress out about virtually anything. But all joking aside, I'm only 16, and the amount of stress that I put myself through is definitely not a good thing.

Well, that's about ti for today! Tomorrow I'll be in the air, so I have an awesome guest post for ya'll!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! :D

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for the packing being done! Packing for a big trip is such a pain in the butt! I always worry about things before a big trip, but just try to remember that everything will work out just great in the end. And you're going to have SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being done with packing. The class with the trampolines sounds neat. I'll pray you have a wonderful and stress free trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishing packing is the best. I always feel so accomplished. You're going to have an awesome time and lots of cool experiences!!

    I'm excited for the guest post -- hehe :)

    ReplyDelete