Now, to start off today's post, I'm going to share , a yummy recipe like I promised yesterday!!! They are scones, but not my usual lemon cream scone recipe, so I was a bit nervous about trying them out. Whenever I do make my lemon scones next I'll do a vlog, like Tara asked a few weeks back! :D Anyway, I saw this recipe online and thought I'd try it out! Here ya' go:
Cinnabon Scones (from this recipe)
Makes 8 scones
Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (we like cinnamon! :P)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture looks like dry crumbs.
- Stir in the milk, egg, and vanilla until everything is fully combined. The dough will be pretty wet, so if you want, add another couple of tablespoons of flour. You don't want this dough to resemble a typical biscuit/scone dough, though, it should still be fairly wet when it goes into the oven.
- Place dough on a cookie sheet w/ parchment paper on it. You can sprinkle some flour on the paper if you want to. Pat out into a disc about 8 inches in diameter.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until done. Take out, cut into 8 wedges. To make the scones really taste like cinnamon rolls, serve with a powdered sugar glaze on top.
So these were pretty tasty!!!!! I was a little nervous about the dough when it went into the oven because it looked nothing like any other scone dough that I had worked with before!!!! I think the cream that I usually use in my scones is what keeps the end result from being too dry and crumbly, so maybe the amount of milk used in this recipe did the same thing.
If anyone makes these, let me know what you think! :D
This week is pretty busy school-wise.....a couple of big tests coming up. I can't believe that I really have just over a year and a half left of high school!!!!! Amazing!!!! I'm really going to start looking in to colleges soon!
Well, that's about it for today.....
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast????
How did you decide where to go to college? Did you have one major option, or did you have several that you liked?
See ya later!
Mhmm! That looks good! Thanks for the recipe :)
ReplyDeleteahhh these sound so good!
ReplyDeleteHa-I do like cinnamon very much-thanks for the whole tablespoon in there! I can never seem to get enough. One time I dropped my spice jar and it spilled out all over the floor-depressing...
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, these do look tasty and great tip on the dough texture. Well done.
Those look great!
ReplyDeleteWhen I chose a college it was after narrowing it down to 4 choices (based on programs and location), then I visited those 4 and went with the one that "felt" the best! It's a fun process!
Yaaaay I can't wait to see your blog! I'm currently in the process of applying and choosing... It's so stressful! I just want to know where I'm going!
ReplyDeleteoh wow, its gonna fly by fast! enjoy the last bit of HS.
ReplyDelete