It is officially starting to heat up here.....Brazilian summer is on its way! The way things are going now, I'm pretty sure that this year is going to be a scorcher. The thing about living here is that, even if the temperature itself is only in the mid-90's, it feels so much warmer because we're about 6 degrees south of the equator. The sun basically feels like its sitting on top of your head. Not that I mind too much.....personally, I'd take too hot weather over too cold weather any day. Do you prefer warm or cold weather?
So last night, we had some guests over. We have a friend, also a missionary, who lives here in the apartment and who is about to head home. So, he invited some friends from his mission agency over for dinner. We had taco night! The only glitch was, we couldn't find soft tortillas anywhere...so we had to make some. I got the recipe online somewhere, but can't seen to find it, so here it is:
Flour Tortillas (makes 8-10 tortillas)
Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
Directions:
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the oil and mix in a little bit, until the dry ingredients start to look crumbly.
- Gradually add in the warm water. Knead with your hands until the dough is fully combined and smooth.
- Let rest for about 20 minutes. Divide dough up into 8-10 balls.
- On a floured surface, roll out each section of dough until very thin (this is the hardest part...the dough is pretty elastic), and cook on a warm cast iron skillet. Each side should take about 1 minute.
So there ya have it....homemade tortillas! We ended up making 15 and only had 2.5 left over, so I'd say that they were a hit! :D
Oh and just to add one more random tanget to today's post, thanks to yesterday's Tuesday Things post by Jessica , I am now addicted to the 7 little words app on my itouch! Hahaha
Are there any random apps that you love?
That's about it for today....see ya'll later!

Homemade tortillas sounds awesome! Mmmmm...I guess I've always been intimidated by trying that, but it doesn't sound so hard :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm...random apps...one called YogaHour that's pretty good...and definitely Instagram!
You made your own TORTILLAS?!?!?! You are so amazing Beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Kat- that is so cool that you made your own tortillas! love it!
ReplyDelete