Monday, September 12, 2011

Fun Weekend and Yummy Treats

Morning, everyone!!! Hope you all had wonderful weekends!!!! Mine was great! Saturday was really busy because we had an event for the ladies of the community. We watched a movie, Fireproof, and then gave each a plant to take care of this month and to bring back next month to actually plant at the church. Then, Saturday night, there was a youth service at the same church in the community, which we went to as well!!!!! Yesterday, I actually think that I only left the house to go and rent another movie, Unknown. The entire rest of the time, I hung out at home, which was fun, too!!! I finally made that chocolate cobbler that I've been wanting to for like a year now.....its pretty incredible! I don't have any pics, but here's one of Jessica's:

(Photo courtesy of How Sweet It Is)

Seriously, if you like chocolate, make this now! The sauce part thickens as the cobbler cools, and becomes almost pudding-like!!! I will admit though, that it was probably one of the weirdest things that I've actually put together pre-oven time. I definitely had to resist a strong desire to stir the hot water in to the batter! hahaha

Another thing that I've made this weekend (well, actually this morning, but in my head, still counts as the weekend...:P) is the French Vanilla version of this creamer. It is cooling now....can't wait to try it out!!! If my mom likes it (her favorite creamer is french vanilla), I definitely want to try out the peppermint mocha version (my favorite!)! 

I was really proud of myself this weekend for being more go with the flow in regards to food and stuff! I can definitely remember a time in which randomly whipping up a dessert, without (gasp!) planning it would definitely have not been ok with me. I did just that yesterday, and enjoyed the heck out of it! :D Yay for me! hahahaha Do you have trouble doing anything unplanned or do you enjoy spontaneity? If you couldn't already tell, little OCD me does not do well with changes to a plan, even if it is a plan that exists only in my head about which no one else even knows....I'm definitely working on that!!! :D

Other than having chocolate for breakfast, my day actually looks pretty quiet...mostly just school stuff.....there is this book that I'm reading for my Lit class, Deerslayer, that my teacher called dull and tedious (in parts), so for some reason, I'm not actually too excited to start reading it. Wonder why that is? 

So I feel like I've been sorta wordy today......so I'm gonna leave ya'll with some questions!

Have you ever had a teacher say something that made you lose interest in an assignment?

Um yes. Exhibit A: Deerslayer. hahaha 

Do you prefer weekends where you stay at home or busy weekends?

Well, while I enjoy being at home with the family, I start to go a little bit stir crazy after a couple of hours at home....so, a weekend like this past one, with one busy and one quiet day is pretty much perfect for me! 

That's about it for today!!! See ya'll soon! 

3 comments:

  1. oo that looks delish! I made a cherry chip cake this weekend...my first homemade cake EVER. IT turned out amazing! It was a for a friend..her favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marriage of cherries and chocolate rate very high on my taste list-so no doubt this was an incredible treat. Glad you had a fun and busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I love Jessica's blog. Nevermind the fact that I literally feel my pants getting tighter every time I check her daily post - cookies, cakes, bars. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete