Thursday, June 16, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Hey everyone!!! Hope you are all having a great week so far! Mine has been pretty crazy because we've had a guest! Its been really good and we've all had a nice time! What have you been up to?

So, the other day, I was thinking about happiness. There was a time when I would look in the mirror and only see what I didn't like. Small things like the fact that my nose is a little big for my face or that my front two teeth are crooked could actually mess up my entire day. Now, I still definitely have "bad" days, but there are less and less of them. My flaws are still there, but I'm learning to live with them, accept them, and even like them. Same goes for my relationship with food. I once saw it as an enemy, something that I couldn't truly enjoy and something that I felt I needed control of and didn't realize when it had taken control of me. 

Over the past couple of months, God has really used my friends and family in a wonderful way in my life. They haven't given up on me, and have stuck with me even through the hardest times. I truly am blessed to have them in my life. I'm still a long way from being completely healed, but I think that I'm definitely on the right track. It is a long road, but I'm grateful for such an amazing support system and such a wonderful Creator to help me through this all.

Something that I saw on Katie's blog the other day sort of inspired this post. She posted a picture of herself without any makeup on, and it got me thinking, "What is true beauty?" So now, I am subjecting you all to my musings on the subject. :D And now, I'm going to share a makeup-less pic of myself with you all:

So, this was a pretty serious post...I've got a no-bake dessert recipe for ya'll tomorrow! :P
What is true beauty to you?
 

5 comments:

  1. I liked this post :) very true statements about happiness, embracing our flaws, and being grateful for what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post girl!! I'm so glad you're learning to love yourself and developing a healthy relationship with food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff girl! You are adorable! I think we're all way too hard on ourselves. Its definitely too easy to focus on the "what bothers us" vs. what we love about ourselves. Glad your family & friends are so supportive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True beauty is happiness. I can't remember who said this quote but..."A smile is the easiest way to improve your looks"

    ReplyDelete