Saturday, June 4, 2011

Breathe.

Hey! Hope you all have been having a wonderful weekend! What have you been up to? My sister and I hung out at home all morning, and then went with my dad to a Saturday night service at the church in the community! Today, we're going to hang out some more and go to church later on.

Well, I have officially finished my sophomore year of high school! I honestly can't believe how fast this year has flown by! In a little over a month, I'll be heading to Chicago, and by the time I get back, I'll be starting school again, and our family will receive another mission team from our church in the States!

This weekend, I have really had a great chance to just relax a little bit. This past week I've run around like a crazy person trying to get things accomplished, and I believe that I needed to just breathe and relax this weekend. It has been good for me and already I feel re-energized! :D

I also wanted to share one of my new favorite snacks.....that no one else in the family will eat! :P I looove avocados, and in an effort to get some healthy fats in my diet, my mom purchased one for me. I made a spread by combining the avocado, 3/4 c milk (a little bit less, actually), some garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. I then blended everything together and created a yummy, easy avocado spread/dip! :D

[caption id="attachment_581" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Yummy Green Food! :P"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_582" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="All for me!"][/caption]

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!!

See ya' tomorrow!

 

7 comments:

  1. SO awesome that you're all done with your sophomore year- very exciting :) Definitely enjoy your time off. I bet the avocado spread is yummy. I'm a huge avocado fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing up the school year! Junior year was a doozy for me.. I still have another week. Almost there!
    That avocado snack sounds soooo good. I love how avocados are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum that sounds like a great spread! Lucky for you that no one else will touch it - more for you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your sophomore year. Yum, I love avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avocados are delicious! Great post! And, congrats on finishing your year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing school! You must feel so great about that....ahhh, sigh of relief :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love avocados...but not as a spread lol! nasty ;) I have never tried it though...guess I can't "hate" on it :D

    congrats on finishing 10th grade...wooo that was my favorite year in high school!

    ReplyDelete