Monday, August 1, 2011

Home again, home again!

Heeey everyone! I'm HOME!

I ended up not having internet access while in Chicago, which is why I didn't post at all the past week and a half. I have a BUNCH of things to cover and a heck of a lot of catching up to do with ya'lls blogs!

Today, I'm not going to go in to too much detail about the NSLC, just because I'm still a little overwhelmed and trying to recover from the trip. I will say that I had an amazing time both in Memphis and in Chicago and am sooo fortunate and blessed to have been able to make this trip!!!

For now, while I take some time to sift through everything, I'm going to post a recipe. Its the last thing that my sister and I made before I left, and it was soooo yummy!!!!  If you like banana bread, than you really HAVE to make these!
Banana Bread Muffins
 (based on this recipe)   


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 mashed ripe bananas
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cream sugars, oil and egg together until smooth and light yellow. Add the mashed banana. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until completely combined. 
  3. Spoon muffins into 12 greased muffin tins and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  

Sorry for the kind of boring post...I promise that I'll be back very soon with updates on how my actual trip went!!! :D
What was the most exciting/fun thing that you did in the past 2 weeks? 
I feel so out of the loop....want to catch up on what ya'll are up to! :D

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great trip and made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad that you enjoyed your trip! Your muffins look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete