Friday, August 12, 2011

I Made Dinner (but forgot to take pictures....)

Morning everyone!!! Hope you all are doing really well!!!!! My week started off slow, since Wednesday has been pretty busy!

First off, the new RPM release=awesome. Just wanted to say that! I think it was release 61, but I'm not absolutely positive. Either way, we had little blue balloons tied on the bikes and at the end, instead of having an additional 15 minutes of ab work (which usually is taught by the same teacher), we just hung out as a group for a little bit! So awesome! There were definitely more high tension hills than in any of the other releases that I've done, and because hills challenge me the most, I was pretty much exhausted after my workout! Much better than the last class I attended! :P

Anyway, yesterday my mom and sister were out all day, so I got to make dinner for them!!!! I made baked potatoes, pasta, and a new-to-me recipe, chicken souvlaki! I didn't have pitas, and couldn't make the sauce, but the chicken was yummy! I didn't get any pictures, though...but here's my recipe:
Skillet Chicken Souvlaki (based on this recipe)

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken 
1 tablespoon oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 medium onions, sliced thinly
1 medium bell pepper, sliced thinly
3 tsp bottled minced garlic
1 tsp oregano

Directions
  • 1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
  • 2. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, and oregano; cook 30 seconds.
Easy, and delicious!!!

For dessert, we had some of Katie's single serving cookies!! Mom had chocolate chip, my sister had peanut butter , and I had half-and-half! Deelicious! :D

Since I don't have any pictures of anything that we had yesterday, I will share a pic of my lemon cream scones, which I happened to make on Monday!

Come to Recife.....I'll bake for you! :D
Well, that's about all I've got for today.......
What are your weekend plans?




4 comments:

  1. Mmm that sounds like a delicious dinner, even though you don't have a picture for me to see! Thanks for including the pictures of the scones, because I bet they were fabulous!! Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy for RPM-gotta love a great workout! Now I want a scone! We have lots of visitors this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me often. Photos... It doesn't matter, the recipe sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm sounds like a yummy dinner you made for your family! I hate when I forgot to take pictures and something turns out really well....just an excuse to make it again, right? :)

    ReplyDelete