Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday to my Sister! :D

Anyone else glad that its Friday? I feel like this week has just flown by! My poor sister has been stuck doing tests all week long. Brazilian schools are like that....they schedule a "test week" instead of the teachers choosing the test days. You only really have 1 or 2 tests per class each quarter, and they're a major part of your grade. While its nice to know that after the week is over, you won't have to worry about tests for a while, the whole process can definitely get exhausting!

So anyway, since last year we have celebrated half birthdays. The story behind that is that my sister never gets to celebrate her actual birthday in the US....we always go on furlough during the second half of the year. So I came up with the idea to take her out to eat and celebrate her half birthday! I actually kept the whole thing a secret and she never suspected anything! Of course, by the time we actually got to the restaurant, I was about to spontaneously combust from keeping the secret for an extended period of time, but we had fun! Then, in June, she planned a surprise dinner for my half birthday. So now, its a tradition. Can't say what I'm making for her yet, because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I'm really excited! Do ya'll celebrate half birthdays?


In other news, I just caught my kitten playing with a plastic bag....it was pretty funny! Here's a pic:

Aaand I'm glad to say that I'm finally figuring out how to edit and upload videos, so here's one of the cat playing.. Please excuse the crappy quality...it was taken with my camera. Hopefully though, the fact that I'm learning the whole video thing means that I'll actually get that vlog that I've been talking about up! 



Well, that's about it for now......see ya'll later! :D 
What are your weekend plans?

Do you have any questions or anything that you would like me to talk about on a future vlog?


4 comments:

  1. Half birthdays-neat idea! My grandmother had a white cat like that and it would hide and then jump on your leg when you walked by. They are full of energy. Have a great weekend Gen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! That is so sweet! I bet your sister absolutely loved the celebration. This weekend=dinner out with friends, football, hair appointment (!!), relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice of you to surprise your sister that way! I'm not a fan of surprises, so I don't think she'd ever surprise me, but I think it would be so nice if she offered to do that for me.
    You should do a video of you making scones!! Yours sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. Your little darling is such a cutie. And I love how you celebrated your sistah's 1/2 birthday! I never get that much fun on my full birthday! :) Hehe, I try to celebrate half birthdays (mine will be coming up in November), but that usually doesn't turn out.

    ReplyDelete