Hey everyone! Hope you all have had awesome weeks so far!!!! Mine has been pretty busy with school, which is why I haven't been commenting on ya'lls blogs as much....I have been reading though!!! :D This week I have really been focusing on running for my cardio. I really, really want to improve my speed and endurance, and am planning on actually going out and timing my mile soon!
Another thing I've been working on is a little yoga. I do some videos post-run and have been loving it!!!!! There is one more difficult pose that I have been attempting and that has not gone so well with me.
The crow pose.
Well, actually, I can get in to it, but I end up with massive bruises on my arms where the knees touch them!
It has started to fade a little, but that random mark on my arm in the picture is actually a bruise in real life! haha It doesn't hurt though....only when I attempt crow pose. :D
Anyway, I need some help!!! Today is my day to do dinner, and I have NO idea what to make! We've got some steak in the fridge, potatoes, onion, bell pepper, a little rice, some dried beans and pasta. Any ideas on a meal that would combine any of these ingredients? Or just a steak marinade? Anything would help!! :D I also have flour and stuff to make rolls or something! :P
Well, I'm pretty sure that so far we have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend......again. It'll be nice though, because we're all pretty tired from this week! What do you have going on this weekend?


What about a shepard pie of sorts? Oh man! Craziness with the bruises ;)
ReplyDeleteYou could cook the steak with the peppers, onions, and potatoes and some kind of sauce or marinade. That sounds really good to me!
ReplyDeleteTake this only for what it might be worth re: crow.
ReplyDeleteTry using your core more to hold your legs up so the knees are not pressing so forcefully into your arms.
Try relaxing as you get into/stay in it.
I am still working on it, and though I've got my RYT balances and some inversions are um... a learning process! So I commend you fully.
Just use your arms/where the knees connect as a table. You might not need to put so much weight on that table.
Good Luck and Be Safe!
I love yoga but I do the hot yoga (Bikram Yoga). You should try it!!!
ReplyDeleteThis weekend I'm doing a whole lot of nothing. LOVE THAT.
xo
sarah
Get UP & Go