Hey!!!!! How was your weekend?
Mine was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. :P Saturday we took a mini-family trip to the beach! For people who live on the coast, we usually only ever go to the beach if we have a work team here, so it was really nice to just get out of the house for a little while!!!! Some fun pictures were taken in the process:
Then, on Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day! My sister and I baked one of Katie's single serving cupcakes! We made a plain batter, poured half of it in the tin, topped it with brown sugar and cinnamon, and repeated with the other half. It came out a lot like monkey cake, which Dad loves!!! He's actually really lucky because Father's day in Brazil is celebrated in August, so he gets two days!! hahahaha Do you ever bake for your dad on Father's day, or do you do something different?
In some completely separate, but good news, I haven't mentioned the NSLC in a while, but I am going in July! I'll first fly in to Memphis for a few days, and then, some friends of the family will drive me up to Chicago so that I can participate in the conference!!! I am really excited and really can't believe that in less than a month, I'll be on my way!!!! It seems like it was just a couple days ago that I got my letter!!! I never thought that I'd actually get to go, but God has provided me with resources and the means to get there!!!!!! I'll have a big, busy summer, but I'm looking forward to it!!
Well, that's about it for today!!!!!!
See you all tomorrow!! :D
wish we had a beach! enjoy it.
ReplyDelete;)
That's awesome that you went to the beach. Yes, I love baking for my dad, on Father's day and other days too. That's exciting that your trip is coming up soon!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had fun!! :) I don't have a beach near me.....only a pool for our neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteI love Katie's Single Lady Cupcakes!! :D
<3 the beach! Glad you guys had fun. And I always bake for my Dad! His favorite is homemade granola. Hooray for the upcoming conference!!
ReplyDeletelooks like a fun day!
ReplyDeleteWow, it's beautiful where you are! :)
ReplyDeleteWhitney