Monday, August 22, 2011

Another Workout that Kicks my Butt

Hey everyone!!! Hope you all had wonderful weekends!! We didn't do too much...got out a couple of times, and it was great to relax!! I'm really enjoying my weekends now that school has started back! What did you do this weekend?

So remember when my first tempo run absolutely kicked my rear? Well on Friday, I tried an at-home workout that pretty much did too! It was Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred! When I first read a little bit about it, I thought, well 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs per circuit, 3 circuits per level..I can do this! Yeah right. I did level 2 and felt like death afterwards.....in a good way though. :D I definitely have not done that many push ups in my life! hahaha Have any of ya'll tried it??? What are some other good strength circuit-style dvds? I found that having a limit (like three minutes) on my strength really helped me get through it! Especially since, if I were allowed, I would pretty  much run forever and never, ever do any sort of strength. Buuut I know it will help me run even faster in the long run, so I'm trying to include more strength in my workout routines!

In other, tastier news, I  made these today! Soo yummy!!! I did have one problem though, and I'm wondering if any of you can help me out. I made the muffins and topping exactly the way the recipe called for, poured the batter in the muffin tins, and sprinkled the topping on top. While they were baking, for some reason, the topping didn't stay on the muffins....it sort of "exploded" and got all over the muffin tins. There was still a little bit of crumb topping on each muffin, and the part that spread out sort of caramelized on the tins......taste-wise, this wasn't a problem, and I just whipped up a little glaze to make up for some of the lost sweetness of the muffins. However, everyone loved these, and when I make them again, I'd like to try avoiding another crumb topping meltdown.....anyone have any ideas as to why this happened????

Well, I just got back from jump (so much fun), and probably need to get going on school....se ya'll later!

5 comments:

  1. Glad the weekend was relaxing!! Ours was too! No idea about thw crumb topping. Maybe let them bake a few minutes then open the oven and put the topping on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we did not do much either... but I baked a delicious apple cake if you are interested...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, banana crumb muffins sound awesome!! You totally deserve that after that crazy workout, even if they did get a little messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only work out during the week days and have found that I need to mix yoga with my regular workouts so I will stay limber. The other way I got to where I could not touch my toes! Anyhow that does look like a great muffin recipe. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try pressing the muffin topping onto the muffins next time instead of just sprinkling, let it know you want it to stay put, or else.... :) that normally works for me!

    ReplyDelete